The 18th edition of the International Symposium Ideologies, Values, and Political Behavior in Central and Eastern Europe is organized by the Department of Political Science, West University of Timisoara. The event aims to bring together researchers interested in Central and Eastern European politics. We welcome paper proposals from scholars on political topics in Central and Eastern Europe as detailed below. The proposal should be no longer than one page and it should include a short Curriculum Vitae.
Selected papers will be included in the forthcoming volume of the Political Studies Forum journal, published yearly by the Department of Political Science and relaunched in 2020.
The Symposium will include panels such as:
- The European Union at crossroads: political, social, economic and cultural challenges
- The specter of populism: continuity, change, diversity
- Diplomacy and international relations: shaping the 21st century
- 30 years since the reunification of Germany: regional and international implications
- Intelligence and security studies: challenges and opportunities
These are just some of the scientific topics that will be addressed during the conference. We welcome contributions on similar topics from the fields of political science and international relations.
Deadline for proposals: 20 November 2020
There is no participation fee. For further information, details and for sending the application please contact Dr. Emanuel Copilaș at email@example.com.