CEPOS NEW CALL FOR PAPERS 2018
8TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AFTER COMMUNISM. EAST AND WEST UNDER SCRUTINY
Craiova (Romania), House of the University, 23-24 March 2018
We are delighted to invite you to participate in the 8th International Conference AFTER COMMUNISM. EAST AND WEST UNDER SCRUTINY in Craiova, Romania, 23-24 March 2018. More than two decades after, an event is both history and present. The annual conference organized by CEPOS involves both the perspectives of the researches in the field of Communism and Post-Communism: research experiences and scientific knowledge. Like a „pointing puzzle”, 29 years after the fall of communism, the conference panels explore emotional detachments, but also a peculiar involvement creating and exploiting the inter-disciplinary developments of the East-West relations before and after the crucial year 1989 in the fields such as: political sciences, history, economics and law. The conference will be hosted by the University House and during two intense and exciting days, participants all over the world (professors, professionals, doctoral and post-doctoral researchers) are invited to raise the issue of the study of recent history of the former communist space in connection with the Western world. We are confident that all of us will focus during these two days on what is important to move the research in the field forward. We dear to state that we even bear the moral obligation to do that.
The Board of Directors of CEPOS 2018 Conferences and Events Series
PROPOSED PANELS for CEPOS CONFERENCE 2018
Center of Post-Communist Political Studies (CEPOS) proposes the following panels:
-Communism, transition, democracy;
-Post-communism and colective memory;
-Politics, ideologies and social action in transition;
-Revolution and political history;
-Political culture and citizen participation
-Law, legal studies and justice reform;
-Constitution(s), legality & political reforms;
-Political parties, electoral systems and electoral campaigns;
-Security and diplomacy in national and Euro-Atlantic environment;
-Rights, identities policies & participation;
-Education, media & social communication;
-Administrative history and governance within South-Eastern Europe during transition;
-Political leadership, democratization and regional security;
-Comparative policies, sustainable growth and urban planning;
-Knowledge transfer and competitiveness in regional economies;
-Global environment and cultural heritage;
-Integration, identity, and human rights in European systems;
-Religion, cultural history and education;
-Media, communication and politics;
-Discourse, language and social encounters;
-Bioethics and transition challenges;
ABSTRACT SUBMITTING (SEE CEPOS CONFERENCE 2018 REGISTRATION FORM-hyperlink la registration form)
The proposals must be sent in English and must contain the title of the paper, the abstract (no more than 300 words) and a short presentation of the author(s) (statute, institutional affiliation, short list of relevant scientific contributions).
DEAD-LINE FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL: 19 FEBRUARY 2018
Proposals must be submitted until 19 February 2018 at the following address: email@example.com
Casa Universitarilor/University House (57 Unirii Street, Craiova, Romania). You can view the Conference location and a map at the following address: http://www.casa-universitarilor.ro/
– More information about the Conference venue can be found at the following address: http://www.ucv.ro/campus/puncte_de_atractie/casa_universitarilor/prezentare.php’
– More photos of the conference room can be viewed at http://www.ucv.ro/campus/puncte_de_atractie/casa_universitarilor/galerie_foto.php
CEPOS CONFERENCE PAST EDITIONS
More information, photos and other details about the previous editions of the Conference and CEPOS Workshops, Internships, and other official events organized in 2012-2017 are available on:
– CEPOS official website sections
CEPOS Previous Events (link catre sectiuni pe site)
Photo gallery CEPOS Events (link catre sectiuni pe site)
– CEPOS FACEBOOK ACCOUNT:
The 8th International Conference „After communism. East and West under Scrutiny” (2018) will be held in Craiova, a city located in the South-Western part of Romania, at about 250 km from Bucharest, the national capital.
The airport of Craiova (http://en.aeroportcraiova.ro/) has flights to Timisoara, Dusseldorf, Munchen, Ancone, Rome, Venezia, London, Bergamo etc.
Other airports, such as Bucharest (Romania) (http://www.aeroportul-otopeni.info/) is located at distances less than 240 km from Craiova and accommodate international flights.
Train schedule to Craiova can be consulted at InterRegio CFR (http://www.infofer.ro/) and SOFTRANS (http://softrans.ro/mersul-trenurilor.html).
CEPOS CONFERENCE 2018 FEES AND REGISTRATION REGISTRATION DESK
The Conference Registration Desk will be opened from Friday, 23rd of March 2018 (from 08.00 a.m. to 18.00 p.m.) until Saturday 24th of March 2018 (from 08.00 a.m. until 14.00 p.m.), for registration and delivery of conference bag with documents to participants. The Conference Registration Desk is located in the lobby of the University House Club, 1st Floor.
90 euros/paper can be paid directly via bank transfer on CEPOS Bank account as follows:
Details for online payment
Banca Romana pentru Dezvoltare (BRD)
Owner: ASOCIATIA CENTRUL DE STUDII POLITICE POSTCOMUNISTE
Reference to be mentioned: CV taxa participare si publicare CEPOS
Account Number: RO64BRDE170SV96030911700 (RON)
MEALS AND OTHER ORGANIZING DETAILS
The registration fee covers:
* Conference attendance to all common sessions, individual and special panels
* Conference materials (including a printed version of the Book of Abstracts of the Conference)
* Conference special bag – 1 for every single fee paid, no matter the number of authors/paper
* Coffee Breaks-March 23, 2018 – March 24, 2018. During the two days conference, 3 coffee breaks are offered.
* Welcome reception (March 23, 2018)
* Lunch (March 23, 2018) offered in the University House Mihai Eminescu Gala Room
* A Festive Gala Dinner and Cocktail (March 24, 2018) offered in the University House Mihai Eminescu Gala Room
* A Free Cocktail Buffet will be served from 19:00 p.m. to 21.00 p.m.
* A Free Entrance Voucher is provided inside of each Conference Bag.
* Lunch (March 24, 2018)
* Certificate of attendance (offered at the end of the conference March 24, 2018)
* Publication of the Conference Papers in the International Indexed Journal Revista de Stiinte Politice. Revue des Sciences Politiques (previous publication of the 2012-2017 Conference papers is available at http://cis01.central.ucv.ro/revistadestiintepolitice/acces.php
* One original volume of the International Indexed Journal Revista de Stiinte Politice. Revue des Sciences Politiques (where the personal conference paper was published) will be delivered to the authors (an additional fee of 10 euros is required for the mailing facilities)
* Computer & Internet Facilities. There is available videoproiector and connection to Internet services.
* Language. The official language of the Conference will be English. The Organizing Committee does not provide simultaneous translation.
NEW! FREE SOCIAL AND CULTURAL PROGRAMME OF THE CEPOS CONFERENCE 2018
* Participants in CEPOS CONFERENCE 2018 have free acces to the Social and Cultural Program of the Seventh Edition of the International Conference After Communism. East and West under Scrutiny, Craiova, 23-24 March 2018: including free guided tours of the:
Craiova Old City Tour and CEPOS Headquarters
Museum of Arts Craiova http://www.muzeuldeartacraiova.ro/
Oltenia Museum (all sections included): http://www.muzeulolteniei.ro/index.php?view=content&c=26
Casa Baniei http://www.muzeulolteniei.ro/index.php?view=content&c=26
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates of attendance will be offered at the end of the conference on Saturday, March 24, 2018